About Us

Company History

  • In 1920 Friedrich Wilhelm Sander took over the company founded in 1853 by H.G. Cordes in Bremerhaven-Geestemünde, which developed and produced canons for whaling.
  • In 1930 he opened new industrial premises at Vieländer Weg primarily for testing and proving but also to comply with the increased demand of pyrotechnic signal munitions.
  • In 1936 the factory was taken over by the DONAR GmbH.
  • In 1955 the site was acquired by Industriewerke Karlsruhe Augsburg.
  • In 1979 the company was bought by the Diehl Group.
  • In 2005 Chemring Group Plc. acquired the factory.
  • In August 2012 Chemring Group Plc. sold the company to Drew Marine USA.
  • In January 2017 Drew Defense GmbH was merged into Drew Marine Signal and Safety Ltd.
  • October 2017 Name change to WesCom Signal & Rescue.